How can I get Job-Related Training?

Article Details
  • Written By: Nicholas K.
  • Edited By: C. Wilborn
  • Last Modified Date: 04 November 2019
  • Copyright Protected:
    Conjecture Corporation
  • Print this Article
Free Widgets for your Site/Blog
The term "time immemorial" originally referred to the time before Richard I became King of England in July 1189.  more...

December 7 ,  1941 :  Japanese bombers attack Pearl Harbor.  more...

You can get job-related training from a variety of public and private sources in your community. Your first stop in the search for job-related training should be your local government. Another option for job-related training is a staffing agency in your community looking for promising new talent. You might be able to get job-related training through technical schools and universities near your home. You should also look for job training programs and open houses offered by local employers.

Local, regional, and national governments fund job-related training programs to increase the number of skilled workers. You might discover a government training program that is focused on workers transitioning between industries; a job transition program can give you the technical skills needed to break into a new profession. Government agencies can encourage workers to find employment in high-demand fields through targeted career training. You can develop skills for a career in health care, information technology, or manufacturing with this type of training.

Staffing agencies might offer job-related training in order to meet the needs of their clients. These training programs teach skills needed to gain employment and advance up the corporate ladder. You might learn how to format your resume and conduct yourself in interviews through staffing agency programs. Another option might be a seminar on completing certification exams for specialized fields like accounting and fire sciences. A staffing agency might also hold weekly courses dealing with specific computer software, hardware, and office equipment.


You can check the website of a local vocational school or university to learn about job-related training programs. You might be able to take classes in your desired field at discounted prices by registering as a non-credit or audit student. Your local university may train adult students interested in changing careers through its continuing education department. A state university system can also attract professionals interested in job-related training through extension facilities. These facilities often schedule night and weekend classes to accommodate working professionals in underserved areas.

It is also important to contact employers in your region as you look for job-related training. You might discover at least one employer that offers training program for the general public. These programs are designed to educate the public on the company's products while identifying potential employees. An open house offered by an employer might incorporate lectures and hands-on courses about the company's products. You may be able to get your resume in front of a prospective employer while demonstrating an interest in job vacancies by attending open houses.


You might also Like


Discuss this Article

Post 1

I have my e.P.A. Universal technician card.I'm presently in one of the best schools on line, at penn foster career school. I complete my hvac certification/diploma in 60 days and I need hands on training. Everything i see here, seems to me that i must take entire course over. I don't need any more paper work. i need physical hands on training.

Post your comments

Post Anonymously


forgot password?