@Pippinwhite -- I've heard of that happening before. I worked a summer at a fast food place. I had the non-skid shoes that were prescribed and slipped on a grease spot in front of the fry bin. I burned my arm and bruised a rib catching myself. I went to the ER and the doctor insisted I go home, rather than going back to work the final two hours of my shift.
My manager was ticked off, but the dude she had mopping the floor didn't do his job, so it was on them. I knew a girl who got severe second degree burns from one of the toasting ovens, and they didn't want her to take any time off. She threatened to sue them, and was fired about two weeks later. I quit on my own. Fast food is the worst.