Based on Gross Domestic Product (GDP), the richest country is Lichtenstein, a small country located east of Switzerland and north of Austria. GDP is a measurement of a country's economy, based on the market value of the goods and services produced or rendered in a one-year period. In 2007, the wealth per capita in Lichtenstein was about 122,100 international dollars. That's about 600 times more money per person than Zimbabwe.
More fun things to know:
- Qatar, in the Middle East, comes in a close second at 121,400 international dollars per capita.
- The United States is the eighth richest country, with 46,400 international dollars per capita.
- Liechtenstein has a population of 35,000. It is has more registered companies than citizens — more than 70,000 companies have registered offices in Liechtenstein.
- Liechtenstein produces more sausage casings and false teeth than any other country in the world.
- 100% of the Liechtenstein population older than 10 years of age can read.
- In the United States, 99% of the population older than 15 years of age can read.
- About 89% of the population older than 15 years of age can read in Qatar.
Free Widgets for your Site/Blog