My friend carries an epinephrine injector in her purse at all times. She is severely allergic to bee and wasp stings, and she nearly died once after being stung.
After being stung once, her airways constricted so much that the emergency technician had to cut a hole in her so she could breathe. He told her she should carry epinephrine with her wherever she went.
She had to use it about a month ago while we were walking in the park. She sat down on a red wasp, and immediately, she injected herself while I called for help. This time, she didn’t turn blue and pass out.