The manufacture of sulfuric acid is a dangerous business indeed. If you’ve ever seen what sulfuric acid can do, you know what I mean. It can burn holes very easily, and while it’s used for large scale industrial processes, it is also used in everyday things like batteries.
You can get a shock just holding a battery improperly and you definitely don’t want to keep an open or corroded battery around as it can burn you.
It would be neat if when they package the sulfuric acid in canisters that they had some way of “deactivating” it somehow. I’ve heard that some chemicals don’t do their thing unless an activator is dropped into them.
Perhaps you can do this with sulfuric acid, to make it inert, until such time as you needed it; then you can add the activator. That way if you accidentally spill it nothing will go wrong.