@literally45-- Allergies usually cause a dry cough that's persistent and doesn't get better with time.
I hope you don't have mold in your home. My daughter is very allergic to mold and cannot stop coughing if there is mold in the environment.
There is a nasty type of mold called black mold that's very toxic and usually develops in humid basements. You should check your house and office for allergy sources and take an OTC allergy medication for cough symptoms meanwhile. That's what I do for my daughter.