Learn something new every day
More Info... by email
A clay bath is a therapeutic treatment used to reduce toxins within the body. During one of these treatments, the body is submerged in clay mixed with water. The clay works by stimulating the lymphatic system and by thoroughly cleansing the skin. It acts as a systematic catalyst, interacting with the body’s immune system. A clay bath can help to relieve any digestive burdens relating to the major organs within the body.
Heavy metal poisoning can be eliminated by taking a clay bath two times a week, for 21 days. Arsenic, mercury, lead, and aluminum are all toxic substances that can accumulate within the body. By eating certain types of fish or inhaling toxic gases, these harmful metals can enter the system. These metals can cause problems with the digestive system and contamination and can cause the muscles to weaken. A clay bath can help to reduce the symptoms associated with metal poisoning.
There are many other methods for detoxifying the body. These methods can help to reduce byproducts that are toxic and stored in fat and other organs. The body stores harmful byproducts in these places because it is unable to naturally remove them. Using these other types of detoxifying methods, can actually reintroduce the byproducts back into the body and this can cause toxic shock. A clay bath eliminates and reduces any harmful byproducts that enter the system without any uncomfortable side effects.
Natural spring water should be used while taking a clay bath. Other ingredients can also be added to enhance the bath. Adding natural sea salt into the water can increase the ionic exchange capability in clay and makes it more effective. Drinking lemon water every day or consuming a teaspoon of olive oil can help to increase a positive effect. The clay can also be mixed with spring water and ingested internally to help with digestive disorders.
A clay bath should only be taken for 15 minutes, especially for the first treatment. Leaving the clay on for more than 15 minutes is not advised because the skin needs to be able to breathe. Staying in the bath any longer can cause uncomfortable symptoms such as sweating or nausea. The temperature of the water should be no higher than 100 degrees Fahrenheit (37 Celsius). Water temperature can be eventually increased for a more effective clay bath treatment but it should only be increased slowly, over a long period of time.