My dog swallowed rat poison a few days ago at my grandparent's house. They had placed one of those rat kill products that hide the poison inside food like peanut butter. And my dog got into some in the attic.
I took her to the vet right away and the vet first gave her a little bit hydrogen peroxide to get her to vomit. Thankfully she did vomit and we could identify the peanut butter. Then she was given a vitamin K injection. She's home now and a little tired but seems okay. She's still getting vitamin K supplements everyday. We have to visit a bigger veterinary clinic next week though to make sure that she has recovered and hasn't suffered from permanent damage to her blood.
My vet said that if I hadn't noticed the situation immediately and hadn't taken her to the clinic, my dog would have probably died. I wanted to share this information here but I hope no one tries to do this treatment on their own. Because the doctor knows exactly how much vitamin K is necessary and too much hydrogen peroxide can also be bad.