I didn't know you could develop a latex allergy, but anything is possible, obviously. I'm not allergic, which is a good thing, since I use utility gloves a lot when I'm doing heavy duty cleaning. It's just easier to do some jobs when you're not bare-handed.
I've used them especially when I'm doing a big sink full of dishes, like after a holiday meal. We don't have a dishwasher -- except me. So, the gloves come in very handy so my hands aren't a wreck after I'm finished cleaning up.
My lab tech always asks me if I'm allergic to latex when I go in for lab work. I always say I'm not.